Lenovo G40-70 Slow For No Reason

Rachit Singh

Estimable
Oct 13, 2015
I am not much of a core expert But I have a good knowledge of PC's and Laptops.
I have a Lenovo G40-70 Laptop With 2Gb Ram and i3 Processor.

Although, it is believed to run smooth, it simply isn't !

The laptop ran fast for one year time period and now has turned into a turtle. NO matter what I try, it has no impact on Speed.

This is What I have tried so far -

Formatting and Installing new Windows, Clearing complete hard-drive, Cleaning the recent, cookies, cache, using c-cleaner, installing linux instead of Windows. Downgraded from windows 10 to windows 8.1 to windows 8 to windows 7, De-fragmenting hard-disk

Nothing seems to work. The laptop shows a common behavior on all operating systems. Runs good for about one restart or so and then gets slow. Applications hang every now and then , browser shows error of script not working and similar.

I have also tried using hard disk as ram but it makes so effect over speed.

Kindly help me speed up my laptop, I am in a lot of trouble and this is effecting my work dramatically.

Hi,

Try to clean the laptop internals first, use an air compressor to blow off the dust that hinders the fan from spinning freely. Also reapply a new thermal paste on the CPU to help in cooling down the laptop. Overheating and hardware failure are the most common reason why do laptop slows down. If your laptop came with a software that test it's hardware do run a test for your HDD and RAM. Most likely to fail are those 2 that can cause slowness in your laptop.

Rachit Singh

Estimable
Oct 13, 2015

I tried that, didn't help