Honorable
Aug 24, 2013
So i found a lenovo g50-80 laptop that has this specs:

-Cpu i5 5200U
-Ram 6Gb
-1TB HDD
-Grapichs R5 M330
-Display FHD, tn gl 1920x1080

Is it going to be any good for light programming and maybe some light gaming?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Hi,

I have one of these, but these specs on any computer are great.

I am a programmer, so I never buy a computer, even for a member of my family, that can't handle some pretty heavyweight programming. This computer is just fine for that.

I bought it for my daughter, who likes to play Minecraft while watching Minecraft videos, all streaming over wi-fi. We have also played some of the more graphic intensive games, and it achieves an excellent frame-rate.

My only criticism, which is the same for all devices like this, is the size of the screen, which at default resolution makes the text a little small for reading over a long time. Note: at my age, my eyesight is deteriorating, so this may not be a problem for you. Go and see one...

Charles A Peirce

Estimable
May 19, 2015
Hi,

I have one of these, but these specs on any computer are great.

I am a programmer, so I never buy a computer, even for a member of my family, that can't handle some pretty heavyweight programming. This computer is just fine for that.

I bought it for my daughter, who likes to play Minecraft while watching Minecraft videos, all streaming over wi-fi. We have also played some of the more graphic intensive games, and it achieves an excellent frame-rate.

My only criticism, which is the same for all devices like this, is the size of the screen, which at default resolution makes the text a little small for reading over a long time. Note: at my age, my eyesight is deteriorating, so this may not be a problem for you. Go and see one in a shop, and see how it seems to you. I solve this with an external monitor, which is fine if you are using it at the same desk regularly. If you need to move around, an external monitor will not be an option.

The screen is otherwise bright with good contrast, so if the size of the text is okay, you will find programming and gaming a pleasure.

The build seems quite robust, so should be able to survive being transported from place to place. I mention this having bought a similarly priced and spec'ed Toshiba six months earlier, which is quite flimsy in comparison.

Summary: I would be happy with one of these as the one I use for programming every day, and likewise for gaming.

Solution