Lenovo g50 wont turn on

adypld

Prominent
Dec 6, 2017
Hello,
I have a Lenovo g50-70 and suddenly it showed that is not charging and after turned off. I previously had issues eith the charger which needed to be in a certain position inserted to charge. Anyway, I replaced the charger and nothing happened. I also replaced the charging port and still nothing. I assumed it is not related to the motherboard because it worked before turning off till the battery drained (few mins).
What could be the cause and what can I do? Warranty expired by the way

Solution

fagetti

Prominent
Mar 1, 2018
Solution

I know what I'm talking about, so you seem to have the experience as well, but we have people from customer service who have no idea how to fix a laptop and respond with false answers on this website.

Wow, that was a tad harsh. Some of us have more experience than others with computers, alas people do make assumptions if you don't do things the way they would. Or make assumptions about who you are, etc. Personally my oldest computer is an Ottrona Attache (http://oldcomputers.net/attache.html) that I got new. Been in love with computers ever since. I actually still have the thing, and it still runs.