Lenovo G51-35 poor performance

Speed_FreaK

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
Hello everyone, I recently bought a Lenovo G51-35 with the model number 80m8. Now I never intended to play heavy games on it but older titles like warcraft 3, gta sa and all that. Thing is, I get very poor performance in those games. Warcraft TFT stutters like crazy when a decent number of units are on the screen and gta sa lags like crazy in some places. I tried running CS:GO and got fps below 20.

I have no idea what the problem is since I already have updated the drivers for the onboard VGA. Am I missing something?

Solution
Hey bro I have that same machine mines got the AMD A4 Apu and I had to upgrade the RAM from 4 gigs to 16 gigabyte and I put a 500 gigabyte SSD in the machine I've been running XCOM enemy Within at 720p medium settings and it runs beautiful you need to do a little upgrading on these cheaper laptops if you want to get some gaming performance out of it that said it's not a bad machine once you do those upgrades.

If your laptop has the Intel Graphics chipset then I don't know what to say for you amd's chipsets for gaming are generally much better than Intel as far as I've heard...
Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a clean install of the graphics driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the AMD graphics driver.
- Do also check Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to AMD.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Reboot your laptop once the driver has been installed then test it again after the reboot.

Speed_FreaK

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011

I am doing this right now. By the way, I am running Windows 10 home edition, does that matter in any way? Since I have come across some posts saying win10 messes up some drivers sometimes.

EDIT: Did everything you said, still same as before.

David_266

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016

I heard the AMD Radeon R5 Series is just as good as a Intel HD Graphics 4000, unfortunately that is whats in that laptop and I'm afraid it wont do you any good. Casual games like League of Legends should run fine though. I may be wrong but it's what I heard. :)

nocturnal2048

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
Hey bro I have that same machine mines got the AMD A4 Apu and I had to upgrade the RAM from 4 gigs to 16 gigabyte and I put a 500 gigabyte SSD in the machine I've been running XCOM enemy Within at 720p medium settings and it runs beautiful you need to do a little upgrading on these cheaper laptops if you want to get some gaming performance out of it that said it's not a bad machine once you do those upgrades.

If your laptop has the Intel Graphics chipset then I don't know what to say for you amd's chipsets for gaming are generally much better than Intel as far as I've heard...

Solution