Lenovo H50-50 i3 desktop good for graphic designing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StaticMind13

Estimable
Jul 2, 2015
Hey everyone, I wanted to get your thoughts on this computer I was thinking of getting. I do graphic design, will this computer be decent enough to run photoshop and other design programs. I also wanted to play some indie steam games occasionally too.

These are the specs:

Brand
Lenovo

Processor Brand
Intel

Processor Type
Core i3

Processor Model

Processor Speed (GHz)

Installed RAM
8GB

Keyboard
Wireless

Mouse
Wireless

Hard Drive Size
1TB

Hard Drive Type
SATA

Hard Drive Speed (RPM)

Digital Media Cards Reader
Multi-in-1 Card Reader

Graphics Card Brand
nVIDIA

Graphics Card Memory
2GB

Operating System
Windows 8.1

Thanks in advance :)

BigBadBeef

Estimable
May 30, 2014
Oh... now you want to use laptops for graphics design too?

THIS
http://shrani.si/f/3e/tg/4Fm8f4Gy/dsc0028.jpg
WAS THE BARE MINIMUM OF WHAT IT TOOK TO BE ABLE TO COOL HARDWARE UNDER 70°C THAT WAS SUFFICIENTLY POWERFUL TO HAVE A MAN-WORTHY EXPERIENCE IN GRAPHICS DESIGN AND AUDIO AND VIDEO EDITING!

And here you are, about to purchase a laptop vs. which my cell phone has more power than that. Well congratulations, the delusions about laptop performance on this forum have reached new heights!

I know its hard to actually THINK these days since the fancy tech does it all for you, but is it really too much to ask for a modicum of common sense? The CPU of this laptop is something what was in use for PC's 5 years ago, all spruced up repacked under a "2015" designation. As a fellow graphics designer, I would expect you to know that graphics design is one of the most hardware intensive tasks you could ever be making.

No... the answer is no... unless you are masochist and enjoy putting up with stutter and poor rendering.

BigBadBeef

Estimable
May 30, 2014
Its not a laptop? Wtf?!? Am I going blind?

A desktop i3? I don't know... you better find a program that exploits hyperthreading, otherwise it won't pay off!

There is another option you might get away with... an AMD A10 7800 APU, with 2400MHz memory and SSD with RAID 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.