Lenovo ideapad 310 vs MSI GE72 (another laptop comparison for you)

Jamie_84

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
1: LENOVO £458
Maximum Display Resolution 1920 x 1080 pixels
Processor Brand Intel
Processor Type Core i7 i7-6500U
Processor Speed 2.5 GHz
Processor Count 2
RAM Size 8 GB
Computer Memory Type DDR4 SDRAM
Hard Drive Size 1000 GB
Hard Disk Technology HDD
Graphics Card Description HD GRAPH. 520

VS.

2: MSI £463
Screen Size 17.3 inches
Processor Brand Intel
Processor Type Core i7 6700HQ
Processor Speed 2.7 GHz
Processor Count 4
RAM Size 12 GB
Computer Memory Type DDR4 SDRAM
Hard Drive Size 1000 GB
Hard Disk Technology HDD, SSD
Graphics Card Description GeForce GTX 950M

both max end of my budget, for casual games, maybe the like of GTA V if poss, mine craft ect.
also for music production,
i know i wont get a gaming laptop for this price range, but would like to play some games when away from the xbox

what you think? im thinking the MSI.
or any other recommendations within this price bracket, (max 460ish)

THANKS!

EDIT:
just noticed, the MSI is refrbished, the lenovo is new

GreyCatz

Admirable
Hello, Jamie:

There is no way Intel's HD 520 will play anything remotely resembling GTA V. You can play games like LoL, WoW and Minecraft and that's it. Even the GTX950M is likely to play GTA V only with some adjustments to the settings. With the Lenovo you get a brand-new, capable workhorse that will provide enough power to do general productivity and standard web browsing. It does use a mechanical HDD, but you can swap that out for an SSD later.

About music production: Check out 'Molten Music Technology' on YouTube to see a guy using the Surface Pro 4 for music production. Maybe that will give you some idea of what you need. The MSI might be up to the task, I doubt the Lenovo will.

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

GreyCatz

Admirable
Hello, Jamie:

There is no way Intel's HD 520 will play anything remotely resembling GTA V. You can play games like LoL, WoW and Minecraft and that's it. Even the GTX950M is likely to play GTA V only with some adjustments to the settings. With the Lenovo you get a brand-new, capable workhorse that will provide enough power to do general productivity and standard web browsing. It does use a mechanical HDD, but you can swap that out for an SSD later.

About music production: Check out 'Molten Music Technology' on YouTube to see a guy using the Surface Pro 4 for music production. Maybe that will give you some idea of what you need. The MSI might be up to the task, I doubt the Lenovo will.

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bob2341 Laptop General Discussion 1
R Laptop General Discussion 0
Erin2020 Laptop General Discussion 2
L Laptop General Discussion 0
B Laptop General Discussion 1
M Laptop General Discussion 2
J Laptop General Discussion 1
L Laptop General Discussion 1
R Laptop General Discussion 1