Lenovo Ideapad - Shift key will not repeat?

Renoncer

Estimable
Jan 1, 2015
For some reason I can't get either of the shift keys on my Lenovo laptop to repeat. This is mildly frustrating for playing games where I would like to be able to hold shift down and for the game to repeat a skill/command over and over. Is this a common problem with an easy fix or is this part of how my laptop is designed to function?

Thanks!

Solution
I think that's part of how keyboards are designed to function, whether laptop or desktop. The shift key is a modifier and therefore not subject to typematic repeat. There might be a few keyboards that are exceptions to that rule, but I doubt there are many.

MauveCloud

Distinguished
May 7, 2010
I think that's part of how keyboards are designed to function, whether laptop or desktop. The shift key is a modifier and therefore not subject to typematic repeat. There might be a few keyboards that are exceptions to that rule, but I doubt there are many.

Solution

Renoncer

Estimable
Jan 1, 2015
Alright. My desktop computer's keyboard repeats the shift key as well as the other modifier keys when held down so I was curious if it would be the same for my laptop. I will assume that it is not the case though.

Thanks for the reply!