Lenovo Ideapad Y700 15ISK won't turn on after i plugged in the charger at 10% battery. Please help!!

John Anthony_1

Commendable
May 18, 2016
Hey guys!! So yeah, I have a Lenovo Ideapad Y700 15ISK laptop. It's a really cool laptop! And it's a monster in gaming! Also, it's new. I had it with me for about 2 months now. I have no negative comments about this laptop. But you see, One day, like 3-4 days ago (sunday), when I got home I turned on my laptop to update my excel table for my expenses, it was bout 90%. After that, I took a nap leaving my laptop still turned on. When I woke up, I saw it was 10% percent. Of course, like any normal person would do, I plugged in the charger. To my suprise, It suddenly turned off by itself right after I plugged in the charger to the wall socket. Thinking that It just got lowbat, it was all right for me. Or so I thought. After that, I noticed that there were no lights that indicate that it is charging in my laptop. Please help!!! It's been 3 or 4 days now and I still can't use it!!! It won't charge, it won't turn on because of the lowbat and I can't fix it. Any ideas??

Solution
Did you make sure the charger cord is connected to the power brick? It can work loose. Next, try a different charger. Try removing the battery, plug it in, turn it on, plug in the battery again. If it still dos not work, remove all power and battery, hold in the power button for about 30 seconds, try again.
Did you make sure the charger cord is connected to the power brick? It can work loose. Next, try a different charger. Try removing the battery, plug it in, turn it on, plug in the battery again. If it still dos not work, remove all power and battery, hold in the power button for about 30 seconds, try again.

Solution

Charlottee

Commendable
May 20, 2016
Hi. I also have the same problem, my laptop suddenly shut down i thought it was just lowbat so tried charging it but there is no light indicating it is charging and after charging it for hours it is not heating. Another problem is that my laptop has a built in battery, help please :(((