Lenovo Laptop Black screen after bootup?

Krixic

Estimable
Aug 25, 2015
I have a Lenovoy410p that has been having problems like this for quite a while now but then I fixed it a while ago (Dont ask me how, all I did was open up the laptop and messed with the cables). All of a sudden it started doing the same thing but this time the "open the laptop and screw with the cables" does not work. The weird thing is, the laptop boots up fine but once the lenovo logo shows up, the screens goes black (the screen is still on its just that the color is black) and stays that way for pretty much ever. I left it on for days and nothing changed. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- Proceed with reseating the RAM's if the first step will not work, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If it will still not work, connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it. If there's a display on the external monitor that could mean that the problem is the built in display.
- But if there's still no display on the external monitor that means the problem lies in the GPU.

ZachDelano

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016

Sorry, don't know how to respond to this thread... I have the thinkpad e540 that was working great and then the screen stopped working but the laptop is running fine. I tried the above steps and it connects fine to an external display. Thoughts??

steo

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
i have the same problem with a U310 running windows 10. The windows recovery screen shows on the screen, so the screen is not spoilt. The lenovo shows on the screen too, then blank black screen. Connecting to external monitor works fine. Is this a display issue within Windows 10?

fitepw

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017
Mine was weird, worked great, imaged it logged in 2-3 times then blank. But fan and red dot worked.
Tried Everything, nothing worked.
Got to thinking my domain added stuff that ran and prevented it from completely turning off so, what if the Bios battery ran to zero. Plugged it in left it for an hr. nothing.
Removed battery and bios battery, unplugged then pushed power for 15 sec's plugged all in.
IT WORKED!!!!!