Solved! lenovo laptop vs dell latitude

Jan 13, 2022
Hi,

I've already have the Dell latitude E6530, pretty old laptop but pretty fast with my ssd upgrade and 4 cores and 8 threads but it is pretty used now and I have some problems with it. I would like to buy a lenovo from my cousin, 2 years old, pretty good but not sure if it is faster, stronger than mine, I m not really good about pc so maybe you could help me?
Here the specs .

thanks

Lenovo ThinkBook 14s-IWL 14″ i7-8565U vs Dell Latitude E6530 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3720QM

LENOVO:
https://a-power.com/product/lenovo-...65u-16gb-512gb-ssd-fhd-radeon-540x-w10p64-1y/

DELL:
  • description: CPU
    product: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3720QM CPU @ 2.60GHz
    vendor: Intel Corp.
    physical id: 54
    bus info: cpu@0
    version: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3720QM CPU @ 2.60GHz
    slot: SOCKET 0
    size: 824MHz
    capacity: 3600MHz
    width: 64 bits
  • 16 gig memory
  • 2x 8GiB SODIMM DDR3 Synchronous 1333 MHz
  • Architecture: x86_64
    CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit, 64-bit
    Byte Order: Little Endian
    Address sizes: 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    CPU(s): 8
    On-line CPU(s) list: 0-7
    Thread(s) per core: 2
    Core(s) per socket: 4
    Socket(s): 1
    NUMA node(s): 1
    Vendor ID: GenuineIntel
    CPU family: 6
    Model: 58
    Model name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3720QM CPU @ 2.60GHz
    Stepping: 9
    CPU MHz: 1300.000
    CPU max MHz: 3600.0000
    CPU min MHz: 1200.0000

Solution
It should certainly be faster. Maybe not fast enough for serious gaming, but good for everything else. Since this was someone else's machine, I would do a complete Windows reinstall when you get it. That will clear out all the old clutter and make it run like new.
It should certainly be faster. Maybe not fast enough for serious gaming, but good for everything else. Since this was someone else's machine, I would do a complete Windows reinstall when you get it. That will clear out all the old clutter and make it run like new.

Reactions: james80
Solution
Jan 13, 2022

perfect,

thank you

Carl31

Great
Dec 21, 2021
Agree with what said, Lenovo it's a good brand IMO. Can be a good option to an old Dell? Yeah absolutely, after a clean installation you will have a brand new (and quite fast).

Jan 31, 2022
A good question working with a lit bit older Lenovo T series Vs Dell Latitude first gen i5 i came to the conclusion that i was disappointed with the Lenovo overall
All things considering the two for performance the Dell Latitude model won in terms of performance

Jan 23, 2022
Hmm, for gaming GPU is most important, then CPU, then RAM, if you need it as a workstation, CPU is most important, so ask yourself what's the most important thing you are going to use it for.

mrmike16

Honorable
In terms of build quality, the Dell Latitude of those days definitely wins.

In terms of specs, the Lenovo will be a jump ahead from the processor alone. The Lenovo's i7 is 5 generations newer than yours. However, they both have 16GB of RAM and an SSD- I don't think the difference will be very noticeable, even if the Dell has DDR3 RAM and the Lenovo has DDR4 (I didn't check to see).

If you are happy with the Latitude, stick with it, in my opinion. Unless he gives you a very good deal.

If you do go for the Lenovo, something others have not been mentioning- check the battery capacity!