My laptop wont wake up. I've tried everything, I’ve help the off button for over a minute, I’ve even tried to reset it with a pin but even that doesn't work. When I put it on charge it doesn't even show that its charging. What do I do?
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by removing the battery and boot it up with just the AC adapter connected and see if it will boot up normally.
- Next is to test the AC adapter if it's supplying enough voltage or try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage.
- If it doesn't work proceed with reseating the RAM's, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If you'll see lights on the laptop and you can hear the fans spinning, connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it because if you do that means the problem is the built in display.
- You may need to check the ribbon that connects the LCD to the motherboard.
- If all these will not work the problem would be the motherboard.
If your laptop will turn back on please do change the Power Option settings.
- Open Power Options and click on Change plan settings then Change advanced power settings on the next screen.
- Expand Hard disk first then set Turn off hard disk after to Never.
- Expand Sleep and set Allow hyrbid sleep to OFF and set Hibernate after to NEVER.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Do open Device Manager next and set your keyboard and Mouse to wake up your PC.
- In Device Manager right click on Mouse/Keyboard and select Power Management.
- Make sure there's a check on Allow this device to wake the computer and click OK.
- Do test your PC again after doing all these changes.
Solution For - Yoga 900 Windows - Getting put to sleep not waking from sleep mode.
Lenovo FHID Device
open UMDF HID minidriver
Under the power management tab
Uncheck box that allows the computer to turn off the device to save power