Solved! Lenovo Legion Y530 or Dell G7, need help

Jul 7, 2018
Hey guys, i was looking for a budget laptop and wasn't able to choose between these two. My budget is 1000$. The Lenovo is priced at $929 at best buy and the Dell at $1079.

I can't reach the price point of the dell but i saw that i could get the certified open-box at $1003 and the excellent at $971.

Is it worth going for the open-box options and buy the dell or I just buy the Lenovo.

(Differences between the two)
Dell G7 specs:
GTX 1060 max-q 6GB
256GB SSD
RAM expandable to 32GB

Lenovo Legion Y530:
GTX 1050ti 4GB
1TB HDD
RAM expandable to 16GB

They both use the new i7 8th Gen intel processors that I wanted to make use of.

Solution
I bought the G7 last month open box for $885, Luckily I got the AUO panel that has slightly better color gamut and can be overclocked to 100hz. Although I feel the brightness is lesser than what I use to have in acer predator to the point that I constantly try to increase it even at 100%. The specs are clearly superior in G7 cos of a better GPU and SSD.
Also remember that you will be getting 2*4gb 2666mhz ram in Dell (I swapped one out for a 16gb corsair vengeance)

Y530 looks better and lighter and have an equally good cooling system but the price is absurd for this configuration

There is a better deal on Y530 here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22JTFKrLK3g

sid2k7in

Estimable
Feb 5, 2015
I bought the G7 last month open box for $885, Luckily I got the AUO panel that has slightly better color gamut and can be overclocked to 100hz. Although I feel the brightness is lesser than what I use to have in acer predator to the point that I constantly try to increase it even at 100%. The specs are clearly superior in G7 cos of a better GPU and SSD.
Also remember that you will be getting 2*4gb 2666mhz ram in Dell (I swapped one out for a 16gb corsair vengeance)

Y530 looks better and lighter and have an equally good cooling system but the price is absurd for this configuration

There is a better deal on Y530 here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22JTFKrLK3g

Solution