Solved! Lenovo Legion Y720 internal keyboard conflicting (or not?) with external one

Oct 19, 2019
Hi all!

Recently I've started having issues with keyboard of my Lenovo Y720-15IKB - key caps falling off, one key sometimes not responding, so I got an external one.
At some moments, keyboards would somehow conflict, and a key (not always the same one, it mostly happens during gaming, so it would reproduce pressing of a recent key/keys) would be repeatedly pressed, either form internal or external keyboard (as sometimes button stops being pressed after removing the external keyboard, and sometimes not). So I've decided to stop the internal keyboard from working, uninstalling a corresponding device in device manager, and when it's disabled, nothing bad happens. However, it doesn't stop it from re-enabling itself at a random moment (sometimes may be after a day, sometimes after an hour), causing the same effect of a key being pressed down, so I would need to remove the external keyboard.
Is there any way to solve this issue, and is the internal keyboard a real troublemaker here? I wouldn't want to disassemble my laptop, so I would prefer a hardware solution.

I have a Windows 10 Home - 64 bit; there is no Device Installation Restrictions in my Group Policy Editor; changing drivers to ones from a different manufacturer has 0 effect on a keyboard; changing answer in Control Panel - Devices and Printers - right click on laptop name - Device Installation Settings has made no effect either. Same issues have happened with two different external keyboards.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
The only way to resolve it is to replace the attached keyboard. Even if you tried to just disconnect it, the computer may not work without it connected. Some are touchy that way.

Additionally, when you connect an external keyboard, it should shut off the laptops keyboard. It should stay disabled as long as the external one is plugged in.

If you don't feel comfortable doing the replacement yourself, I would then suggest taking it to a local tech.
The only way to resolve it is to replace the attached keyboard. Even if you tried to just disconnect it, the computer may not work without it connected. Some are touchy that way.

Additionally, when you connect an external keyboard, it should shut off the laptops keyboard. It should stay disabled as long as the external one is plugged in.

If you don't feel comfortable doing the replacement yourself, I would then suggest taking it to a local tech.

Solution
Oct 19, 2019

Thank you very much!