Lenovo no backlight, told motherboard problem

Aug 30, 2018
I have a lenovo ideapad 700 15isk

So ive tried 3 places so far. The first two tried different monitors and lvds cables and nothing worked so they said motherboard problem. At first the problem was a black screen with bands of light that was positional. Now its a black screen that I can see using a flashlight.

The third place does soldering and they said it was the coil/filter but they could not find the part online. I called another place and they were charging like $400 to assess and fix which is crazy but he said parts aren't unique to the computer. So basically do I even keep trying or just say forget it. Thanks

Solution

So issue must be with the laptop screen or motherboard connection. If you replaced the screen twice already, that would leave the motherboard as the issue. It may be the video chip, at times the external monitor connection runs on a specific video card, in your case it may be running off the Intel video and the nVidia one could be dead.

So issue must be with the laptop screen or motherboard connection. If you replaced the screen twice already, that would leave the motherboard as the issue. It may be the video chip, at times the external monitor connection runs on a specific video card, in your case it may be running off the Intel video and the nVidia one could be dead.

Solution