Lenovo notebook Win 7 Intel Core i3 beginning to get blankscreen crashes which 'recover'.

Solution
normbay, crashing can be a sign of a few possible different things:

1) Bad memory
2) Corrupt drivers
3) Windows somehow became corrupt

Continual crashes like that will make your system more and more unstable, eventually causing it to "fail".

What I'd do if I were you is check with one of your buddies who knows computers very well. And by saying knowing computers very well, they'd have built complete systems from the ground up at least half a dozen times, successfully. If I was there, I could help, but I'm probably not near by. If you suspect it's the OS, you can reinstall Windows or restore the laptop to its factory condition.

Your other option is to find someone who has extra laptop components you could use to test if it's the...

kaswyn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
normbay, crashing can be a sign of a few possible different things:

1) Bad memory
2) Corrupt drivers
3) Windows somehow became corrupt

Continual crashes like that will make your system more and more unstable, eventually causing it to "fail".

What I'd do if I were you is check with one of your buddies who knows computers very well. And by saying knowing computers very well, they'd have built complete systems from the ground up at least half a dozen times, successfully. If I was there, I could help, but I'm probably not near by. If you suspect it's the OS, you can reinstall Windows or restore the laptop to its factory condition.

Your other option is to find someone who has extra laptop components you could use to test if it's the memory. This requires some level of knowledge to do, but it's not too hard. The last option is to either bring it into the shop you purchased it from, or if it's under warranty, use the warranty, or bite the bullet and bring the laptop into some random trusted shop or call the manufacturer to see if they have any repair options available.

Point is that this can be an easy fix, or it can be expensive, depending on what the cause really is.

Solution

normbay

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013

normbay

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
Thanks kaswyn...I don't like the sound of any of your likely causes; suggests to me that this 2.5 year old notebook is on the way out. I am moving back to Apple in any case, but hoped to keep some info on this one as a backup...sounds now like a bad idea!!