Lenovo or Asus?

bob6k

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2007
Hey, I'm a lifelong desktop man but for next term at uni I'm gonna need a laptop.

I've narrowed it down to this Lenovo

Or this Asus

As i said I'm a stalwart desktop man so I know very little about laptop brands, I've read some very good reviews of the lenovo and it's obviously a very good spec for the price but some comments i've read say the track pad is unusable and the case is flimsy.

Likewise I'm a big fan of ASUS components but I know nothing about their laptops.

Any opinions on either of these would be great, cheers.

bob6k

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2007
Unfortunately they're not selling those anymore (at least over here, UK). The specs don't bother me really, I have a powerhouse gaming rig, all I want the laptop for is net browsing, watching videos and work. And I can always buy some extra RAM. Budget wise I'm looking at <£500. Really i'm just looking for reliable info on the lenovo and the asus.

blackjellognomes

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
Both are damn solid laptops, so if they've similar warranties, just go with the one you like more. Don't discount the Lenovo's 310M if you plan to do some light gaming though, because it's just not possible on Asus' integrated graphics. If gaming isn't a factor at all... well, the Asus probably has a slightly better screen and better speakers.

TRENDING THREADS