Lenovo or HP for home-translation work person

olimpiarl

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
I'm buying my mom a new computer (she has one for 7 years that is always crashing), and would like to know your opinion on Lenovo and HP laptops.
She uses her computer mainly for her translation work, so she uses office a lot, as well as translation programs from the company she works for (which can be a little heavy)
She also downloads a lot of videos and movies, for her work, but also for herself, and she loves to watch series.

She told me she needs a good processor, i5 type, and a memory card of at least 4GB.

In my opinion, she needs a very fast computer which will handle all her programs, because she opens everything together and it can be quite heavy.

We want to buy HP or Lenovo laptops only, as we trust both.

And I can only pay up to 600 british pounds for it. So it needs to have friendly price.

Would love to know your opinion!
Thank you!

RogueCustoms

Honorable
Feb 10, 2012
Personally, having owned and repaired both brands over the years, I would definitely go with the Lenovo. HPs quality has gotten really bad over the years, and I would never recommend an HP laptop to anyone. Lenovo on the other hand, (especially their Thinkpad series) are pretty bulletproof. They dont get overheated if used properly (like most HPs/Compaqs do) and tend to last longer with fewer issues.

olimpiarl

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
Thank you very much!