Lenovo repair and starting bootloop

Jean__

Estimable
Dec 10, 2015
I have an lenovo ideapad s400 and when it turns on it takes forever to go to windows screen (ends up not going) and then starts repairing and failing forever repeating the process . Please help Im 15 and I dont know crap about my problem. I use windows 8.1 my pc is new and it only has usb ports no cd or anything like that would work. Im typing from ps4 so please give me as much info you can.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that I've suggested to others who had the same issue.

- Start by doing a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then see if it will boot up.
- If that doesn't work try loading the laptop into Safe Mode.
- While the laptop is booting up repeatedly tap on F8 until it loads Advanced Boot Options then select Safe Mode and press Enter.
- If Safe Mode will load do a System Restore, restore it back to an earlier date or time before the problem even happened.
- If these doesn't work do load Advanced Boot Options again by tapping F8 then this time select Last Know Good configuration and press Enter.
- Worst case is you may need to run a complete factory reset if all these will not work.

Jean__

Estimable
Dec 10, 2015

Read pls

Jean__

Estimable
Dec 10, 2015

Hey i try the steps and im waiting an while and f8 will bug saying something stupid

0livier

Prominent
Jul 29, 2017
My Lenovo tablet was on boot loop, no way to shut it down or to access any menu, reset button was ineffective, the only way to stop it was to disconnect the power cord. When I reconnected it the boot loop started all by itself, there was no battery charging logo, I tried ALL tricks describes on the subject on the internet.I was on my way to go to the shop and buy another tablet!
I happen to have another Lenovo tablet, I took off the loaded battery (a difficult operation as it was glued on the tablet ) and put it in the faulty tablet and everything started as normal, without factory reset or any loss of data!. So if the battery is totally exhausted it cannot boot nor load. Strangely enough I put the exhausted battery on the other tablet and did not try to switch it on, it started to load normally, and now both tablet work fine! I hope this can help someone!

aaron.tremblay

Prominent
Oct 11, 2017

I have a Flex 3 that started the reset process and failed with an error message. The system is now stuck in a boot loop. I have tried only a few steps including pressing various keys and nothing works. I can’t even boot from a usb drive. I have unplugged the battery and held the power button for at least 20 seconds and it’s still looping.

I hope I can solve this puzzle because it’s for a customer.