Solved! Lenovo S10-3T Bluetooth Upgrade

tgd3

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
I purchased the Lenovo S10-3T netbook about 2 months ago and accidentally purchased the model that did not come with an internal bluetooth card. Does anyone know how to upgrade the netbook to use internal bluetooth? I've researched online and can't find any compatible cards. There is an empty mini pci-e slot i believe. I don't want to use a USB dongle because the netbook only has 2 USB slots as it is. The manufacturer also won't sell the individual card themselves. I'll be using the bluetooh for mice/keyboard as well as bluetooth headphones for music and movies.

Thanks.

Teddy

Solution
I couldn't find anything either. Unfortunately, you may have to go with a USB dongle. You could also return the netbook and go with a model that has bluetooth.

nmcgregor98

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2010
Are you sure it doesn't have bluetooth card? Mine came with one (bought it 2 weeks ago) but it stopped working this morning and disappeared from device manager. Tried this and that and searched all to no avail. Started to think I'd imagined it being there in the first place. Even the Lenovo site does report my particular machine as having bluetooth. But pressing Fn+F5 and there it was!