Lenovo screen problems

Jun 22, 2018
Hi community, like a year ago i bought a Lenovo Ideapad 510s 14 inch laptop. It was working really fine until the screen started to go black randomly. At first I thought that it was a Software problem, since restarting or putting the laptop to sleep would solve the issue. However it has become more frequent and I noticed it happens more when certain colors like light blue are showing, like for instance when you're typing in the Firefox search bar. It also happens when I move the lid, so I think it may be a problem with the flex cable. Has anyone in here had a similar problem? Is there a DIY solution that I can do to repair the flex? Any help or advice would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Solution
For the price of the parts you may as well pick up a new replacement lcd panel of Amazon/eBay for £30 and watch a few good youtube vids on how to replace the existing one.

You could use the same vids to strip the existing one out and re-fit it to see if it is a physical connection issue.

morgancomputers

Prominent
Feb 5, 2018
For the price of the parts you may as well pick up a new replacement lcd panel of Amazon/eBay for £30 and watch a few good youtube vids on how to replace the existing one.

You could use the same vids to strip the existing one out and re-fit it to see if it is a physical connection issue.

Solution