Solved! Lenovo T410s - 0190 critical low battery error

Jan 11, 2021
Hello,

I got old Lenovo T410s laptop which had very weak battery but I didn't care since I was always running on power adapter.
However suddenly it started to show:
0190 critical low battery error
during startup and turned off.
It contains additional battery in extension bay (i.e. CD bay).
I tried to remove this battery and it was very difficult.
It occurs this battery has swollen.
Removing additional battery and running with only primery battery didn't help. Still
0190 critical low battery error
error occurred and no go.
Removing primery battery with power adapter plugged in resulted in laptop not responding to power button at all.
One week later I've just checked and laptop stopped to responding to power button even with primery battery and power adapter plugged in.
Is the laptop dead?
Should the laptop run with batteries removed and power adapter plugged in?
Could the swollen battery in extension bay damage some important circuits in laptop?
Is there any chance that replacing primery battery will fix the issue?
Thanks.

I have used machines in the past with no battery with no issues but I can't guarantee your particular machine would work in that fashion. If the machine worked before, I new battery should enable it to work again. However, I am concerned that you took it apart. I see lots of posts on here such as "I took my machine apart, put it back together and now it doesn't work". It is easy to break things. Is there any chance you damaged anything when removing the swollen battery? I would be concerned about that.