Solved! lenovo tab 4 8"plus

May 13, 2018
I have tablet Lenovo Tab 4 plus and i can't conect to 5ghz wifi network. I am with android 7.1.1.

May 13, 2018
My model is Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus 4G/3G Voice, Aurora Black8" FHD, Snapdragon, Octa-Core; Up to 2.0 GHz, 3GB,  (TB-8704X). CommunicationsWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 4.2.
The tablet connects to my WiFi, and internet will work for a few minutes, but shortly thereafter the internet will stop working.Disconnecting and reconnecting will get internet working again, but after a few minutes the same thing happens. I try with several different 5ghz networks(free and with password) but nothing.

Then it may well not be the phone and be the internet connection. If it drops signal it is completely possible that your device doesn't auto reconnect. Some devices are sadly that way. Have you tried resetting the modem/router and also try checking to see if the signal goes out often or there is noise on it.

Will it connect to any other WiFi networks using a 5GHz connection? If yes, then it is the one. If no, then it may well be a flaw in the device. If that is the case, the only people who can help resolve it would be the manufacturer. I would contact them to see if it has a work around or if it is recall worthy. Unfortunately sometimes with companies you have to push to get them to do what they should.

May 13, 2018
I thought I have only this problem.I found a lot of people with the same situation in different forums.I am with the last update -android 7.1.1 from 01.03.2018
Build number
TB-8704X_S000038_180403_ROW
I connected one time to 5ghz on my first day with this tablet before update.It was not stable.After update it work worse. I tried to reset to android 7.0.0but without result.

It should allow you to do a "Hard Reset" which would take you back to the devices original OS and apps. However, it will erase everything you have on the device. So any personal stuff would need to be backed up first and all apps that you personally installed will have to be redownloaded and installed. They can't be backed up. I would really use that as a last resort though.