Lenovo Tab2 Black Screen

ali.goodall

Prominent
Jan 8, 2018
My son has a Lenovo Tablet 2 a10-30 and was on YouTube and it crashed (battery at 10%). He turned it off and tried to reboot after about an hour of charging. He got a vibrate and sound of the logo jingle like it was appearing but nothing to see. Totally blank or black. It's obviously on, if you run your fingers at the bottom of the screen you get the odd vibration.

Don't know what to do. Tried the reset using power/volume buttons, but still nothing to see on screen.

We've already had 2 replacement screens for this tablet. Is this going to be a costly repair or can something be done at home?

Solution
Sounds like the display has either lost it's connection or it is in need of replacement. I find it rather odd that it has needed so many though. Either the display has a regular flaw, or perhaps one needs to be more careful with it? They are a tad touchy (no pun intended).
Sounds like the display has either lost it's connection or it is in need of replacement. I find it rather odd that it has needed so many though. Either the display has a regular flaw, or perhaps one needs to be more careful with it? They are a tad touchy (no pun intended).

Solution