Lenovo thinkpad not turning on

May 28, 2018
Hi My brand new thinkpad T470 won't turn on after it goes to sleep mode and even when it was shutdown properly. Had to use the reset button at the back to turn it on. Please advise.

Solution
What reset button? There should only be a power button on the system. And yes, when it goes to sleep, you need to tap it to turn it on. If it's shutdown it should turn on when you hit the power button.
Jun 6, 2018

I'm also facing the same issue, need to hard reset by very small hold in the back of laptop. Anyone can help?

Jun 6, 2018

Tks but I did all of this and the issue still cannot fixes

stdragon

Proper
Apr 5, 2018
Apparently this model is known for this issue based on what I searched online. Sure, there are ways to get it up and running again, but none of them solved the underlying issue.

If I were you, I'd call Lenovo support after running their diagnostics. They might have to RMA that unit.

Jun 6, 2018

Tks so much for your reply. If you know any othe solution may help, pls let me know

Jun 6, 2018
I found the way to work around: Keep power plugged in and choose sleep. After that remove the power plugged and it works like a charm :) hope this will help a lot of ppl face this problems