Lenovo Touchscreen no video except through hdmi

spellman1989

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
Ok a lady in my neighborhood bought me her Lenovo touchscreen laptop/tablet combo to look at what is wrong with it. At first I thought maybe it was the battery but I let it charge completely. When you first cut it on it loads all the way up to the login screen and then the screen goes completely black. I hooked it up to hdmi and I get signal on the tv. I noticed their is no response from the keyboard though. Any clue to what could cause these problems? I have attached a video of the problem. [video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41iF_wvp9jQ"][/video]

spellman1989

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

How do I access bios on windows 10? It doesn't show an option to select bios at startup. Oh and I meant to bring the model of it back to here first it is a Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15

spellman1989

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
Ok I did a factory reset on the flex 15 and it displayed through the monitor and it seemed to be working fine until I press Num Lock and then the screen goes black and I get nothing from the keyboard or touchpad. It even does the same thing when I press Num Lock on a usb keyboard. Anyone have anymore solutions? I am going to try replacing the keyboard and touchpad of the laptop but can anyone think of what num lock has to do with the screen?