Lenovo Touchscreen no video except through hdmi

spellman1989

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
Ok a lady in my neighborhood bought me her Lenovo touchscreen laptop/tablet combo to look at what is wrong with it. At first I thought maybe it was the battery but I let it charge completely. When you first cut it on it loads all the way up to the login screen and then the screen goes completely black. I hooked it up to hdmi and I get signal on the tv. I noticed their is no response from the keyboard though. Any clue to what could cause these problems? I have attached a video of the problem. [video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41iF_wvp9jQ"][/video]

spellman1989

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013

How do I access bios on windows 10? It doesn't show an option to select bios at startup. Oh and I meant to bring the model of it back to here first it is a Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15

spellman1989

Honorable
Jan 9, 2013
Ok I did a factory reset on the flex 15 and it displayed through the monitor and it seemed to be working fine until I press Num Lock and then the screen goes black and I get nothing from the keyboard or touchpad. It even does the same thing when I press Num Lock on a usb keyboard. Anyone have anymore solutions? I am going to try replacing the keyboard and touchpad of the laptop but can anyone think of what num lock has to do with the screen?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Laptop Tech Support 0
H Laptop Tech Support 0
C Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 0
K Laptop Tech Support 2
Sandis2003 Laptop Tech Support 0
M Laptop Tech Support 0
H Laptop Tech Support 3
I Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 7
R Laptop Tech Support 1