Lenovo x220t bizzare screen/panel failure questions

bp_968

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2012
Just yesterday after a reboot my screen on my x220t tablet (with windows 8 installed) stopped displaying anything. Right now I have it hooked to my HDTV through the display port. But here is where it gets weird:

The laptop panel backlight still functions and I can use the blue function keys to raise or lower the backlight brightness.

The wireless and HDD access icons on the bottom of the panels bezel still function.

the touchscreen itself still functions.

Like I mentioned above the display port still functions.

I'm guessing the panel itself has died or the connection between the panel and the MB/laptop itself has failed.

Right now I'm trying to figure out where to start and what the most likely failure is before I crack it open. I've got experience fixing IBM, Dell, HP, and a few other brands of laptops so I'm not worried about not being able to fix it myself, the main thing I need to do first is try and iron out what has failed so I don't have to take shots in the dark with which components to replace.

If anyone has any suggestions I would very much appreciate them!!

bp

bp_968

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2012

It had a one year warranty and I bought it in 2011. So I fix it or it doesn't get fixed. :(

zhouxing1980

Estimable
Jan 25, 2015
HI bp_968
have your problem got fixd? my problem is 100% same as yours, x220t, after reboot, everything is OK but screen... same at all
if your problem got fixd, could you share the solution? thank you very much!