Lenovo Y410P Charge Problems / AC Adapter. NEED HELP ASAP

liakosdelta

Commendable
May 23, 2016
Hello guys,

I recently purchased a Lenovo Y410P from eBay, and I have a problem with getting it to charge. The only way I can get the laptop to recognize the AC Adapter is this procedure:

1) Turn off laptop
2) Take out battery and unplug charger
3) Change the wall socket of the AC Adapter
4) Plug the AC Adapter on laptop and press power button to boot laptop with charger
5) Re-insert battery in its place

Even when I do this, if I take off the charging cable, and then put it back on the laptop, it will not recognize it and I will have to redo the whole process to make it charge again.
What can I do? I am desperate because I need the laptop for professional work and I can't afford spending more money, since I am already in a very tight spot and spent all my savings on this damn laptop.

Please help me.

PS: Sorry for any mistakes in explaining, I am not a native speaker so I am not 100% sure I phrased things right

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to test the AC adapter and the battery.
- Remove the battery off the laptop then plug in just the AC adapter and see if it will boot up and stay on.
- If the laptop will stay on that means the AC adapter and the plug does work fine.
- But if it will fail to boot up that means the AC adapter is already faulty.
- Next to try if the laptop will stay on with just the AC adapter is to uninstall/reinstall the battery driver from Device Manager.
- Reboot the laptop once the driver has been uninstalled then test it again.
- If the same problem will persist do try a different AC adapter as well that has the same voltage and see if the same problem will happen or not.

liakosdelta

Commendable
May 23, 2016

It does boot up and stay on and works flawlessly when only on AC.
I did uninstall/reinstall battery driver (everything under battery on Device Manager). Rebooted and everything was there again so I guess Windows did it automatically.
I tried a different AC adapter, only thing that changed is that I didn't have to unplug and plug to a different power source / wall socket.

So I'm still having the same problem, unfortunately.