Lenovo y50-70 power button flashes and does not charge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

c20let2k

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017
I.
I have an lenovo y50-70 that i like very much.

The only problem i have with it, is that if i play forex gta v, or doing other things that makes the computer work hard, the power button starts to flash and it is stopping to charge.

It happens all from about 5min to 30min after i have started to play.

If i pull the plug and put in in again, it does not flash anymore, and i can play for a while before it starts to do that again.

Noticed that the plug i put into the computer to charge it, gets very warm.

This problem does not come if i just use the computer for surfing on the internet, watching netflix or similar, only if the computer has to work hard.

Is it the charger that can't deliver enough power to charge it or what could my problem be?
What does the power button flash mean?

Thanks!

c20let2k

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017
I hope it just is the charger, but what does the flashing power button mean?

The computer works great otherwise, but when pushing it, the flashing starts and stops charging.
Can it be that the charger can't deliver enough power?

Sometimes when a charger is going it will not just die, but stop putting out the right amounts of power. When starting a device it draws more than when it is just running, and when it is running and charging the battery it uses more than when just charging the battery or just running the device.

c20let2k

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017
Thanks.
Will buy a new charger than and hope that solves the problem.

Anyone know what the flashing power button means, and why does it start to do that when it stop charging?

Aug 17, 2018
is this resolved

c20let2k

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017
Yes it is, it was the charger, bought a new one, no problem ever since. Did bought a genuine lenovo charger, did'nt want to change on some aftermarked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Laptop Tech Support 1
MarleT Laptop Tech Support 0
Jewelsfaye Laptop Tech Support 0
K Laptop Tech Support 1
I Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
O Laptop Tech Support 1