Lenovo Y50 black screen

AP1144

Commendable
Aug 10, 2016
My Lenevo y50 laptop screen doesn't turn on when I press the power button. I used it last night then put it in sleep mode while plugged in and this morning it is not working. The red key lights are on however the caps button light will not turn on and it doesn't sound like the fan or any noises are coming out of it either.

Is my screen busted? Any suggestions on what to do?

Thanks

Solution
Try hooking up an external monitor to see if it works. First turn off the laptop. Then plug in the external monitor. Now turn on the monitor and then turn on the laptop. Are you able to access the computer now? If so, then the display of the laptop may need replacing.

If you don't get anything on the external monitor, are you certain that the laptop is actually powering on?
Try hooking up an external monitor to see if it works. First turn off the laptop. Then plug in the external monitor. Now turn on the monitor and then turn on the laptop. Are you able to access the computer now? If so, then the display of the laptop may need replacing.

If you don't get anything on the external monitor, are you certain that the laptop is actually powering on?

Solution