Lenovo Y50 Questions

TimiTheGreatful

Estimable
Oct 24, 2014
I was wondering if anyone has any tips to tell me before I buy my laptop this weekend. I'm planning on buying the Levono Y50 for about $1200 from microcenter. I was wondering if this laptop would last me a long time. I have done some research and found out that the hard drives on the laptop are low quality and may have a chance to break. Also should I buy a warranty? As I was reading the reviews I noticed that most of the reviews are bad saying that the laptop broke after months of using it.

Solution
I have a slightly older configuration of this laptop (non touch model) and it has a pretty similar storage setup. The secondary hard drive is slow (I would love to upgrade to a 1TB Samsung 850 Evo but lack the funds currently to do so), I'll give it that but I've never really experienced a problem with it.

g-unit1111

Distinguished
If you're going by store reviews, those are almost never a good way to judge products. And I say that because anyone can write them, and statistics show that you're more likely to get a negative review than a positive one. That said I'm betting that most of the people who wrote those reviews were not knowing what they are talking about and were looking for something to blame when their laptop wasn't working. What are the specifications of that laptop?

TimiTheGreatful

Estimable
Oct 24, 2014

I'm thinking of getting this one http://www.microcenter.com/product/433667/Y50_Touch_156_Laptop_Computer_-_Black

g-unit1111

Distinguished
I have a slightly older configuration of this laptop (non touch model) and it has a pretty similar storage setup. The secondary hard drive is slow (I would love to upgrade to a 1TB Samsung 850 Evo but lack the funds currently to do so), I'll give it that but I've never really experienced a problem with it.

Solution