Lenovo Y570 ideapad laptop wont turn on

Miles_8

Commendable
Jan 31, 2017
Hello everyone I was wondering if you could help me. Ive seen many people have been having a similar problem.
My laptop has had this issue for a while but sometimes it would eventually tunr back on out of the blue. However this time its been two days but to no avail.
When the Batter+AC adapter is connected I I only see a white light on battery icon (the LED display at the front of the laptop).
If I remove the battery while the AC adapter is still in, the light will disappear. Likewise if I remove the AC adapter with only the battery connected the light will not appear. In neither scenarios the laptop will not turn on after attempting to press the power button.
Im not sure what this means. Can someone help?
Thanks!

Sending it this way as you said you removed the battery and then put back and removed the charger, but this is doing it together...

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
5. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
6. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

Sending it this way as you said you removed the battery and then put back and removed the charger, but this is doing it together...

Try the following and see if it will turn on...

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds.
5. Now plug back in the power/charger cord.
6. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kath123k Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 5
MasterLewis Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 6
w00zyy Laptop Tech Support 5
B Laptop Tech Support 4
J Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 4
M Laptop Tech Support 1
O Laptop Tech Support 4