Lenovo Y700 slowly freezing over time

FliP0x

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014
Hello,
I recently (maybe a week ago) started experiencing issues with my Y700. It is a common problem since I read about exact same symptoms on the Lenovo Forum as well, but for reasons I prefer to ask for help here rather than there.

The Laptops specs are:

Windows 10 64Bit
i7-6700HQ
8GB DDR4
1TB Hard Drive
250GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD (System Drive)

After a few hours of uptime, the keyboard stops responding. An external keyboard cannot be plugged in because the USB Ports stop working as well. Then, a few hours later, the system is starting to freeze even more, the cursor is slowing down until eventually the system freezes completely.

Has anyone had the same problem with the same or other devices and how did you resolve them?

EDIT:
Same problem as described here: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3163661/lenovo-y700-freezes-mouse-works.html

Have you checked to make sure that the computer is not having any overheating issues? You would need to install a monitoring program like "Speedfan" or something similar and have it log the data so you can check to see if it is overheating more and more before it finally won't function anymore.

I would also suggest running some good checks on the system. Virus checks, malware checks, etc., to make sure nothing of this nature is the cause.

FliP0x

Estimable
Sep 7, 2014

Drivers up to date, disk degragmented, virus check had no results.

It is definitely not overheating because I can literally feel the heat when the GPU is running in games, but I had no games running when the freeze happened. Was mainly browsing the web, watching youtube and such.