Lenovo Yoga 2 13' USB Port

Bill06

Estimable
Feb 20, 2015
Hello.
I have a problem with the right USB port. I plugged a printer cable and the blue plastic part of the USB port has broked and it is now unusable.
I just ask to the warranty if a repair is possible but while I am waiting for them I would like to know if there is a possibility to repair it and if it is difficult.
Thanks for your answers.

Vympel

Estimable
Dec 23, 2014
I'm guessing, but the USB port is probably welded to your motherboard since it's a ultrabook.
Therefore, you won't be able to repair it at home, if you're covered by warranty, leave it for Lenovo. you might void it pretty easily.

Bill06

Estimable
Feb 20, 2015
OK thanks. Lenovo is asking for 400 Euros to repair it and claims it is not Under their warranty.
I will not repair it since I just bought this PC 3 months ago for 650 Euros and in my opinion I made a normal use of it.
Neither Amazon nor Lenovo wants to do anything for it. They claim it is not Under Lenovo warranty neither Under the failure warranty. They both say I made a wrong use of the PC and broke it myself... My fault : I did not took the breaks guarantee...

Entomber

Estimable
Apr 21, 2014
The best way to get a warranty replacement is to say "it broke and I don't know why" instead of trying to explain to them "well I plugged something into it and it broke" because damage that you cause through improper usage is not covered under the warranty.

TonyVCarter

Estimable
Jun 15, 2015
This is a common fault and Lenovo in the USA issued a global fix instruction.
I just got my Yoga back from repair today, all done under warranty.
They replaced the motherboard and completely reset up the computer again including a BIOS update.
Very pleased with the service provided by Medion who are part of Lenovo and who did the repair.