Solved! Lenovo Yoga Won’t Turn On

Jun 23, 2019
My lenovo yoga (i don’t know specific info. it’s is a very cheap around 300 dollar laptop with no branding or name besides lenovo yoga that i could find) Won’t turn on.

The light that said the laptop was on was lit up but the screen was dark so i powered it off using the power button. now i can not power it back on... i can plug it in and the charging indicator light comes on. I have tried holding down the button for 30 seconds and pressing it for shorter amounts of time. I don’t know what to do because i can’t remove the battery from the laptop, please help, thanks!

Solution
The pressing the button option doesn't work at all if the charger and/or the battery are connected.

I suggest then that you have the laptop looked at. If under warranty, contact the manufacturer. If not, try a local tech.
Jul 17, 2019
My lenovo yoga (i don’t know specific info. it’s is a very cheap around 300 dollar laptop with no branding or name besides lenovo yoga that i could find) Won’t turn on.

The light that said the laptop was on was lit up but the screen was dark so i powered it off using the power button. now i can not power it back on... i can plug it in and the charging indicator light comes on. I have tried holding down the button for 30 seconds and pressing it for shorter amounts of time. I don’t know what to do because i can’t remove the battery from the laptop, please help, thanks!

I'm going to need more details about the Laptop. The battery can be removed if you remove the screwed in backplate on the underside of the laptop.

Once you remove the back cover, disconnect the battery and leave it disconnected for 30 seconds. Then try plugging it back in.

If the computer turns on but you get a black screen:

Try connecting it to an external TV/Monitor. If nothing comes up, then it's a motherboard issue. If something comes up you can try the following:

Try holding the laptop screen up to a light while the computer is on. You should be able to see the background/home screen/login logo etc. very faintly when held up to a light. Try disconnecting and reconnecting the display cables. Then power on.

If that doesn't work, remove the motherboard and inspect for any dust/dirt/grime/burns/leaks etc. Gently brush all capacitors and cable connection points before reinstalling. Then reconnect everything and try powering it on again. This method worked for me.