Lenovo Z50 will not start up

Marcus_37

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
I recently experience the following problem - the laptop will start up and I get as far as putting in my password. After that the screen goes black and nothing else happens? I tried the on/off routine to no avail - any solutions or anybody with a similar problem?

I have had the laptop now for approx. 6 months and I have not been impressed with its performance. Also when the machine does work it get's stuck every now and again. If I look at the task manager I can see that the memory is almost always operating at maximum - I wonder if that can be right as I have only very few applications on this machine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Solution
For the used resources issue, I would suggest running for anti-virus and other software like spybot, etc., to see if there is anything on the computer hogging those resources and more.

For the not loading, have you tried loading in "Safe Mode". See if it will let you in. If yes, then I would definitely be checking the computer for unwanted software.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10 ...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a minimal set of drivers and services.)

b. Press the "F5" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Networking.
( Once "Safe Mode" with Networking...
For the used resources issue, I would suggest running for anti-virus and other software like spybot, etc., to see if there is anything on the computer hogging those resources and more.

For the not loading, have you tried loading in "Safe Mode". See if it will let you in. If yes, then I would definitely be checking the computer for unwanted software.

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10 ...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a minimal set of drivers and services.)

b. Press the "F5" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Networking.
( Once "Safe Mode" with Networking starts, Windows is in Safe Mode, with additional network and services for accessing the Internet and other computers on your network.)

c. Press the "F6" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Command Prompt.
(In "Safe Mode" with "Command Prompt" starts Windows in Safe Mode, with a Command Prompt window instead of the Windows interface. This option is mostly only used by IT professionals.)

Now sign in to the computer with your account name and password. (If you have one set.) When you are finished troubleshooting, you can exit "Safe Mode" restarting your computer.

Solution