Lenovo Z51-70 heating issue

Soham_1

Commendable
Sep 12, 2016
I have been using this laptop from 1 year and it started showing weird symptoms in last month ( like shutting down automatically after launching game, not booting at times ). I was lucky to have it under warranty then so took it to the service centre but technician said that it is not a gaming laptop ( wtf!! I know it is not but is this a way to shut down the laptop ) and problem is caused due to heating. Now my problem is GPU temp is above 90 all the time while I'm playing games ( i play dota2 mostly but ive played portal2, witcher3, gta5 which gave same temp ) and even reaches 108 at times. I dont understand what is causing this and i think service centre should have cleaned my laptop already as they have chnged the motherboard.

Specs : i7-5500U 8gb ram, AMD R9 M375 4gb, 1TB HD + 8GB SSD

Sad thing is it is no more covered under warranty.

Solution
If the laptop is not made for gaming (which the tech could be correct) then it can overheat. Especially with heavy gaming. Even ones meant for gaming can overheat.

You can try replacing the thermal paste on the fan(s). If that makes no difference the fan(s) may need replacing.

Also you may want to consider adding a cooling pad and something to help the laptop get more airflow.
If the laptop is not made for gaming (which the tech could be correct) then it can overheat. Especially with heavy gaming. Even ones meant for gaming can overheat.

You can try replacing the thermal paste on the fan(s). If that makes no difference the fan(s) may need replacing.

Also you may want to consider adding a cooling pad and something to help the laptop get more airflow.

Solution