Question MSI charger pin and port side over heating while gamming

May 22, 2021
HI

My laptop model is MSI GE62vr7rf(recently got serviced with MSI), I am facing a charging issue with my laptop, After loading a game my laptop stops charging and I had to remove and refit the charger pin for it to resume charging. But as soon as charging starts, during the game, I noticed a sudden increase in heat near ac adapter area and my charging pin became too hot. But perfectly fine while not running games. (I tested the same three times and I had the same results). Previously I had this same type of charger port heating issue 2 years back and when I went to the MSI service center where they certified that my notebook and my charger are in good condition (note: I visited 3 times), but then one day all across my charger wire and the plastic near the pin port got melted, which MSI had to replace me under warranty. Is it a software issue or a hardware issue?

AlHuneke

Commendable
Jul 7, 2020
Likely a HW issue. When you are gaming, the laptop needs more power and will draw more from the external supply. Could be a design issue with that model. I would check the MSI forums to see if there are other complaints. How long ago did MSI do the replacement? Sounds like the problem was not fixed.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
besmirmiftari Laptop Tech Support 11
Tblender Laptop Tech Support 1
tgbao2703 Laptop Tech Support 2
E Laptop Tech Support 4
bull007 Laptop Tech Support 2
Capturis Laptop Tech Support 0
Michael@Jensen@WK Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
Ruggero_A Laptop Tech Support 4
J Laptop Tech Support 2