Lenovo's IdeaPad Yoga Packs 360-Degree Flip/Fold Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
The 360degree design means you can fold it over to basically make it into a tablet ?
That would certainly be nice; also wondering how that works with they unprotected keyboard at the bottom then.
Now we just have to wait for the price to come down from cloud space to more earthly levels.

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
That thin, 256gb SSD, Windows 8... yeah, this is going to be EXPENSIVE! It's sad too, because although windows laptops really are more functional than Android and iPad, they are going to beat out most windows tablets because they accomplish the simple stuff (email, internet...) for a fraction of the cost. Someone who wants to check the news or or their email from the couch is most definitely going to spend $250 - $500 for a tablet over the $2000 this thing will most likely be.

My last job, I did a LOT of traveling and being in IT, I needed a full laptop to do my job. Something like this would have been perfect for me. But for most people, a cheaper alternative is going to be what they want. If Lenovo could get this into the $800 price range, I bet more people would bite. into $600 and they'd start taking back some of the android and iPad tablet market. but I seriously doubt they'd be able to get it that low.

phamhlam

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
This provides people a better alternative a laptop. Why have a traditional laptop when you can also have the simple design of a tablet on top of your laptop. The problem I have with laptops are that they aren't that much portable. I still like a keyboard and mouse but not permanatly attaced always.

dizzy_davidh

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
Business folk would love this and there are plenty of businesses who would pay for their mobile users to have both a Windows system (so they have control over it) and the convenience of the tablet\fold options rather than have their users run around with a laptop for business and an iPad (or similar) for everything else.

iPad @ £400 + ThinkPad business laptop @ circa £400 means that IT departments would have around £800 ($1200+) dollars to spend on one of these so it's easily affordable for a lot of corp. firms\staff.

dizzy_davidh

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
[citation][nom]dizzy_davidh[/nom] citation] It's also worth noting that Lenovo have a massive cut of the business user mobile market with the ThinkPad line of products and so if they can pull this model into that genre of client usage then they stand to sell quite a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.