lg 70lb7100 screen go black sound works

Status
Not open for further replies.

jemmstags

Commendable
Nov 21, 2016
When I turn it on it works fine. The backlights come on and all look like they are working. After some time maybe 10 min or 2 hours some of the backlights seem to go dim or off then the whole screen goes black. The sound still works fine. I can turn the tv off wait a few seconds turn the tv back on and it will work fine for a while again. I have changed the main board and the problem still happens. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Mark

jemmstags

Commendable
Nov 21, 2016

I am sorry I changed the led board not the main board

Hello.

First of all, these Tvs are known for backlight issues, whether they're dark in spots or all. If only one or two LEDs go out after a few hours, and then it shuts down, then the problem is your backlight.

There's no fix, besides replacing all the LEDs. This will be a costly repair, and doing this needs to be done by at least two people, and needs to be done perfectly or you will have fingerprints, dust, etc in your screen.

Glen k

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016

Glen k

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016
Mark, I have the exact same symptoms. Sometimes, not often, it won't go black for about an hour. I was able to watch 5 dvds too with no issues, but I switch to Comcast and it goes black. Interested to see if there's a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.