LG Announces Optimus Smartphone with Tegra 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

haramir

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
They need to make an Optimus Prime version of the phone then... but then how would you decide between an Optimus Prime or an R2-D2 Droid 2?

insider3

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
[citation][nom]haramir[/nom]They need to make an Optimus Prime version of the phone then... but then how would you decide between an Optimus Prime or an R2-D2 Droid 2?[/citation]

Picture Optimus Prime vs R2-D2 in a cage fight, who would you bet on?

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
When we think of Nvidia and Optimus, something else comes to mind – but we're sure that Nvidia doesn't mind the name sharing with LG in this case.
They better not whine, for their Tegra 2 platform hasn't been implemented in many devices and the ones that did bit dust (MS Kin, though the failure can't be attributed to Tegra itself).

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
With Nvidia trying to enter this business, We'll see how this pair up with Intel doing the same thing, too.
I'd rather wait to see actual test than speculate, though.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]Tegra is really a fantastic platform. The architecture is great. Check tegra youtube videos to see how it works and you will be amazed. I just hope more smartphones will use tegra and that the price won't be too high[/citation]
So, someone from the nVidia design team is advertising!

MasterM40

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
windows phone 7?? lg has promised to move a large amount of wp7 this xmas season right around this period? hmmmm that would make for a big splash

lvlouro

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
The winner of the smartphone battle will be the one that can provide a battery that's good for 4 days minimum of intensive use...
IMO

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
I hope confusion boosts sales of the Optimus & also helps to promote NVIDIA® Optimus™! I love it when people don't do their homework & just buy. It warms my heart & reminds me of Apple. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.