LG G4 phone won't turn on or charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdullahaquarius

Commendable
Sep 4, 2016
I have an LG G4. My phone died completely, so I put it on charging and it started charging. I left it like that overnight but when I woke up it was dead. I opened the back cover and found that the battery was bloated. I went to buy a new battery. For testing purposes, I put the new battery in. The phone turned on fine but the battery percentage dropped every 5-10 seconds. I took the battery out and thought that the battery was faulty. I took it to another shop who also put a battery in but it did not turn on. I tried others, but the phone just doesn't turn on, although the batteries are charged. What should I do?

Solution
Put in the new battery, leave it charging overnight. Then hold in the power button for about 30 seconds, release, and see if it turns on again.

The bad battery may have damaged the phone also.

Alex_296

Commendable
Oct 11, 2016
Mine did the same thing just a few days ago and I brought it to a Sprint service center and they said this is a known issue with G4's so they offered me a free upgrade to G5! I didn't even have my insurance with Sprint. I have my insurance with Best Buy and all they could do was offer me a free battery for G4 or charge me $150 deductible for new phone. Glad I went to Sprint service center!

bestusefultip

Honorable
Feb 11, 2017
If your phone not turn on after charging, then try below troubleshooting steps on your android devices.

Bad battery
First of all check the drained battery problem or not. Connect your device to power source & check start charging. If not then look into cord and power wall adapter and see if any damage or not.

Press the the power button
Press power button several times to check the issue with powering on your LG G4 and other devices.

Check charging port
Use charging cable to charge other device and if it does not work, you will require replacing a charging port of your android phone.

Damaged panel
Remember your phone recently impact when dropped or water effect and other reasons to damage power panel. If this is the reason of LG G4 wont turn on, you can quickly fix this issue to use right replacement parts.

Boot LG G4 into recovery mode & Wipe cache partition:

Step 1: Turn on your LG G4 phone and other device

Step 2: Press & hold the volume down button and the power button at the same time until the phone switch on.
You can view “Android system recovery” screen on your device. By default “start” button set on android phone.

Step 3: Press the volume down button until see recovery mode

Step 4: Press the power button to restart into recovery mode
You can see the above screen of android robot with red triangle icon on phone.

Step 5: Press volume buttons to scroll to wipe cache partition, press the power button to select it.
This message seen on your device screen: Wipe cache partition?

Step 6: To confirm, tap volume buttons to scroll to Yes and press the power button to select it.
Clearing the cache may take 5-10 minutes.

Step 7: Use the volume buttons to scroll to reboot system now, press the power button to select it.

Boot LG G4 into safe mode if device won’t powered on / unresponsive

Safe mode not allowed using third party apps of your LG G4 and other devices. It determines which app may be causing the error.

To enable safe mode on LG G4:

Step 1: Press and hold the power button at same time
Step 2: Select & hold power off until displayed “Restart in safe mode”
Step 3: Tap “Turn on”, from reboot to safe mode immediate
This process takes up to one or two minutes.
Step 4: When your LG G4 restarting, safe mode appears in the lower left side corner of the screen

mcdaniel.patrick

Prominent
Aug 17, 2017
I just off the phone with Verizon. My phone up and turned off and wouldn't turn back on. It would appear to boot but then off again. Apparently the motherboard has issues which LG is aware of and even though my phone is over a year old and I didn't buy an extended warranty they are replacing it. If you call them and the rep tells you you're out of luck ask to speak to their supervisor. This is what I did and was immediately provided satisfaction. If you need to take this route please remember to be courteous as they're only doing their jobs.

Aug 9, 2018
well what I did just for shits and giggles, was I held the power button and both volume buttons till it restarted it's self!=) IDK if it will work but it is loading properly! now I will try to call my house phone! AMEN! it works!=D

Sep 29, 2018
My LG G4 suddenly switched off and dead completely and not even charging and switching on...I have tried with few local service center...they changed the charging port and try to reboot...but not turning...they are clueless...anyone can guide me?

Apr 1, 2021
My LG G4 turned off randomly one day (roughly 4 years back) and would not turn on or accept charge, warranty just out of date, new phone purchased. Recently I pulled my old LG G4 out and tried charging it, as expected, no joy. I took the battery out of the phone and put the charger in and to my surprise the screen lit up with a battery symbol with a ? inside. With the power cable connected I then inserted the battery back into the phone, the phone then displayed 15% battery so I decided to let the phone charge. Later on I attempted to boot up and got 'LG Lifes good' screen. After this cycling through a few times it eventually booted back up, it gave me enough time to hook the phone up to my Laptop so i could recover images that i thought where gone for good.

Status
Not open for further replies.