Lg hometheater to Run DTS,DTS-MA & AAC

abadi_1989

Commendable
Dec 15, 2016
Hello dears, I need your experts help
I recently bought a Used LG home theater Model (BH7535TW) see the full details in the link below: which is only comes with dvd playe and not Blueray
(http://www.lg.com/ae/home-theatre-systems/lg-BH7535TW)

The problem is i discovered it is just running the sound of Dolby formula and what occupies me formats, DTS, AAC, DTS-MA, DTS-HD and I've got most of the films failed continent go as especially the formulas DTS and the AAC and doesn't have HDMI IN only 1 HDMI out
Currently running it to play movies by (WD Live Media Player) and if I play a movie the sound track is DTS or AAC I don’t get any sound of it. By the way I'm connecting it via Optical cable as I state it doesn't have HDMI in.

I’m am very disappointed at this moment of the theater and im selling it because of that reason, now I want to buy the new version of it the LG No. Model BH7540TW
(http://www.lg.com/ae/home-theatre-systems/lg-BH7540TW) newest model of it and written it supports all the formats mentioned above and to the two entrances HDMI IN and HDMI OUT directed by the in the above URL.

I'm choosing the (All in one home theater) because the Wireless rear speakers Please don’t suggest the (Yamah,onkyo,,etc) Receivers as I prefer these (all in box) as im only looking forward to run the DTS and AAC audio and my Multimedia (WD Live) is supporting both of these and its fine with me, before I buy the newer theater just wanted to make sure that it will run these codecs as the page in the link status it can play it.

Another question: its it True that the optical cable cannot deliver DTS sound and only delivers Dolby? Because while gaming on the PS4 or Xbox I can chose the sound Dolby and its running fine as surrounded but once choosing the DTS it shows the sound type in the receiver is DTS but no sound at all, I don’t know whether as I thought the receiver are not supporting or the optical cannot deliver the sound?

Note: I know I can play every thing as PCM but I need the DTS and the AAC format to be played as surrounded for movies.

Thank you very much this is my first post I hope I will get the final answer.

Solution
first: htib systems (home theater in a box, all in one type sytems) generally have huge limitations unless you spend quite a bit of money on the better sets. the first of these is connectivity as many might not even support surround sound from devices other than the included dvd player. it is absolutely required that you verify that it supports surround sound from external sources before purchase. even if it has hdmi or optical this does not mean surround sound support as i've seem manufacturers cheap out and only have 2.0 via hdmi.

second: optical was a 2.0 stereo format. for full quality audio it is still limited to 2.0. nowadays you can get 5.1 over optical (compressed audio) but it uses dolby digital to do this and both the source...
first: htib systems (home theater in a box, all in one type sytems) generally have huge limitations unless you spend quite a bit of money on the better sets. the first of these is connectivity as many might not even support surround sound from devices other than the included dvd player. it is absolutely required that you verify that it supports surround sound from external sources before purchase. even if it has hdmi or optical this does not mean surround sound support as i've seem manufacturers cheap out and only have 2.0 via hdmi.

second: optical was a 2.0 stereo format. for full quality audio it is still limited to 2.0. nowadays you can get 5.1 over optical (compressed audio) but it uses dolby digital to do this and both the source (in this case pc) and destination (in this case the htib) would need to support that format. if not, you would be limited to 2.0 or otherwise have issues

i would suggest finding a model with at least two hdmi ports. one hdmi in for pc and one hdmi out with arc for using the dvd player as well as the arc support for tv to htib sound if you use the tv tuner or smart functions. if you do not need tv to htib sound then arc is optional.

generally i suggest avr based systems with normal speaker sets given A) they generally support many more formats, B) connectivity is never a problem and C) they are upgradeable but given your wishes i'll just stop there.

Solution