LG Makes Old New Again with Retro-styled HDTV Set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathos

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2007
It's not really nostalgic unless they bring it in an old fashioned console/cabinet tv style. Still remember having one of those giant things when I was real young. But at least the speakers on those were full size and high quality.

G

Personally I like LG monitors, but this thing is horrible. It's like a bad mix between an old microwave and a high-end saw horse. I cannot think of place where one could possibly put this thing unless your house's interior is themed like a 1970's Woody Allen Sci-Fi movie.

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
Going retro on appliances is really nothing new. Kitchen appliance and gadget manufacturers have been making things to look like they are from the '50s & '60s for several years now. But a TV, meh, I don't think so. Not anymore than I'd like to see a new computer or laptop designed like one from the 70s.

nevilence

Honorable
May 8, 2012
see they should of added the huge box to it, but instead of being full of old tube tech it could have little doors and hide movies or consoles or something =P

vinhn

Honorable
Jun 15, 2013
Vintage style is pretty cool for those looking to have an old look. Hopefully it doesn't gives out does creeky noise that the old TV makes which creeps out at night.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
@Mathos
A friend of mine, her and her husband have had a cabinet TV for years. He would keep replacing the CRT ones a few times, but when they got an HDTV a few years ago, he took the cabinet to his shop and reworked it to fit their TV. I have to say, it's something that really adds more to the look of the room than just an LCD panel.

I think it could be a good market for TV manufacturers to go. All sorts of goodies can be fitted into that space as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.