LG OLED55B7V loses audio after watching Netflix??

manhattan09

Prominent
Oct 23, 2017
Something weird is going on with my beautiful new TV!

Often after using the built in Netflix app and switching back to watch TV via the set-top-box or Apple-TV-box the audio is gone, both from internal speakers and surrond system via optical.

The correct "sound out" option is still active (built in speakers + optical) The built-in soundtest works fine and if I go back to the Netflix app or any other LG TV app (eg Youtube) I still have sound. Only external sources have this problem.

So far the only solution I have found is to unplug the TV for a minute or so to get the sound back. And then I have no problem maintaining audio as I switch between different external sources. Until the next time it's lost after watching Netflix...

Very annoying...please help!!

/Lars

darkcoldplace

Prominent
Nov 21, 2017
Hi manhattan09 did you fing a solution im having the same problems it cuts out the sound to mt xbox and virgin i have to go onto the music presets thats at the top right of the apps page and swich betewwn 2 or 3 of them and thwn pause andit comes back on

fraser.ball

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017

Having the same issue on an LG 55SJ850V.
Have the latest firmware and this has not resolved it.

This is the only other issue like this I have found. Trying to get through to LG but getting no response so far.

fraser.ball

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017
Spoke to LG who gave me this resolution.

Press the MUTE button 3 times in a row. This brings up a small menu of options at the foot of the screen.
Press the AV Reset button.

This resolved the issue for me.

Cheers.