LG tv/RCA surround sound hookup

frogluvr2

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
Hello all! I have searched the forums and haven't been able find a concrete solution to the problem I am having. I'm trying to install an RCA LA051CD104489 dvd/surround sound system to my LG 42CS560 tv. The tv has 2 hdmi Ports neither are labeled ARC. The dvd/surround had hdmi out, optical in, aux in av ports and some other multi colored ports. My tv doesn't have an optical port and has the audio/video in ports; also has a USB in. I've tried to hook up the surround sound to each hdmi port, but only get surround sound when watching dvd...I don't have cable and would like to be able to watch my tv in surround sound. I also have a net gear box (it doesn't have any ports other than hdmi & power) to watch Netflix etc, since my TV isn't a smart tv. Can anyone please help a gal that is not tech savvy?

frogluvr2

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016

Thanks for the reply. So is there a splitter or box that I can hook up to my TV to give it the required optical out?

Negative.

It either has it or it doesn't.

Surround is delivered via optical out or HDMI ARC, which sounds like you already found out it doesn't have.