LG TVs Stink!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelkWalker

Estimable
Aug 14, 2015
As described in previous threads in this site, my LG LCD stopped recognizing HDMI ports. It's a widespread issue and LG will not stand behind their product. I've had an Olevia for twice as long and never had an issue. Apparently, it's a board problem but LG won't fix it. Customer service said it was against policy because it's out of warranty. Do they think I will ever buy or recommend LG ever again. You just lost a customer for good LG. Congrats on saving a couple bucks!

If it's out of warranty, it's likely out of warranty.

Your country/state may have consumer protection laws that kick in once something has left the warranty, but you usually need to go to court (or at least threaten to) to enforce them. You usually have to deal with the retailer, not the manufacturer.

Also, sample size of one.

MichaelkWalker

Estimable
Aug 14, 2015

SAMPLE SIZE OF ONE? WIDESPREAD ISSUE. NOT GOING TO COURT. LG DOESN'T CARE ABOUT LOSING A CUSTOMER OR A SUPPORTER.

MichaelkWalker

Estimable
Aug 14, 2015

YOU CAN MAKE UP FOR ISSUES WITH GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE. LG FAILED. NEVER AGAIN!

quit the all caps spamming as by internet etiquette that is screaming. screaming here is going to do nothing to solve your problem.

be aware that lg is not the only brand which has had problems. olevia, vizio, sony, samsung - all brands have had certain models which are troublesome and most of them are not going to repair something out of warranty unless it is a fire or electrical shock hazard (to avoid lawsuits). it is very rare that a company will go out on a limb and repair something that was a design defect on their own cost. at least lg should have repair parts available - try finding parts for olevia.

if you want resolution the only thing you can do is go through court. while there really isnt a lemon law per se, there are things you can do. read http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/1193882-tv-lemon-law.html

MichaelkWalker

Estimable
Aug 14, 2015

Don't need to find parts for my Olevia. Bottom line: bye bye LG

Saberus

Honorable
Aug 23, 2013
It's out of warranty, they don't have to do a thing.

If they made exceptions for everyone then there would be no point to making a warranty for any length of time less than lifetime.

Your complaining and screaming is about the same as calling Toyota a heap of junk because your Camry had an engine failure at 125,000 miles when it came with a 100,000 mile warranty.

Your choice to boycott LG for not giving you a handout is asinine.

MichaelkWalker

Estimable
Aug 14, 2015

It's my right. You've reduced this to name calling?

Status
Not open for further replies.