Solved! LG V30 ..Gobbles Mobile Data

johnstenger25

Commendable
Mar 26, 2018
I bought this LG phone due to the Video/Audio reviews it received, and I like it very much! ..But every time I set it on Mobile Data without WiFi, it seems to use an unusually high amount very quickly! and I do not have any running apps. that would use that much data! I have had several other LG phones I left on MD for lengthy periods of time and they did not do this!

Last edited:
Solution
Even if you didn't open any apps, or opened them but are not actively using them, there are ways that the data can be used.

The phone should be able to actually tell you what is using the data. If you go into "Settings" and click on "Data usage" you should be able to see in there exactly what apps are accessing the data and who is using the most.

On some devices you will see it in that screen, on others you will also have to tap on "Cellular data usage" or something similar. Then it should list all the apps using it.

Additionally, if you have the GPS on that will use a lot of your data.
Even if you didn't open any apps, or opened them but are not actively using them, there are ways that the data can be used.

The phone should be able to actually tell you what is using the data. If you go into "Settings" and click on "Data usage" you should be able to see in there exactly what apps are accessing the data and who is using the most.

On some devices you will see it in that screen, on others you will also have to tap on "Cellular data usage" or something similar. Then it should list all the apps using it.

Additionally, if you have the GPS on that will use a lot of your data.

Solution

johnstenger25

Commendable
Mar 26, 2018
Hello and Thank You! I looked at my Data Usage and the largest user seems to be Facebook! I shut down Location, but doing some addition I see where it shows I used from Jan 17 to Feb 17 348MB of Data, ..I know I had over 3 Gigs of Data until recently, and my phone is now showing only 903.17MB? ...Isn't that a lot more then 348MB missing?

If you have the GPS on it will use data, Google location will use data, and yes 3 gigs is more than that. Technically 3 GB is 3072 MB, but companies do tend to round the number down to 3000. Even so, that is quite a bit more than you mentioned.

Now, if you have used the phone as a way to get access for other devices (as a hotspot) that will eat up data fast.