LG V30 Review: A Near Masterpiece for Media Producers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinghuiwee

Prominent
Oct 14, 2017
Are you sure it had poor battery life ? Because from customer who owns and reviewers who used the v30 had said that the v30 has the best battery life out there surpassing all the other flagship

alexburnettmusic

Prominent
Oct 14, 2017
I think they must have ended up a faulty handset for this review because the LG V30 has been getting stellar reviews on its battery life in every other review I've read as well as from users. Here are just two examples, the first being a battery test where it lasted 9h 34 min, a whole 3 hours longer than in this review (which is why I am sure it must be a fault with that specific unit they were testing): https://www.phonearena.com/news/LG-V30-battery-life-score-is-out-big-improvements_id98896 http://www.techradar.com/reviews/lg-v30/3

Kenneth_79

Prominent
Jul 12, 2017
I had 2 LG G3s and a G4. All lived short lives. I don't trust LG's hardware and will not make that mistake again.

dusanzogovic

Prominent
Oct 14, 2017
OK. Every single time SONY is out of scope.. WHY?
XZ Premium has the same machine from May 2017, and you are just talking about Samsung.. What about iPhone 8? Huawei?...

gusda9

Prominent
Oct 14, 2017
The Huawei mate 9 has the longest lasting battery out there I have it and it's totally amazing two days without a charge 4000 milliamp battery one of the largest if not the largest battery in the phone

funbit

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017
Poor battery life? You're kidding, V30 lives longer than any other device I've ever used. There're many proof videos on Youtube too.

lawrencemannino

Prominent
Oct 16, 2017
Got to agree with the others here - I've had the v30 for four days now and am a pretty heavy user - definitely the best phone I've ever had in terms of battery life while shooting the heck out of video and streaming - actually charging every other day so far. Also, regarding the camera, I think it's important to also mention the remarkable depth of the manual video and still settings which in my experience more than make up for the perceived shortcomings mentioned above. Also, surprised you didn't mention the graphy functionality, which is surprisingly useful for those unfamiliar with manual modes. Big fan of Tom's for a long time but, with respect, find this particular review to be a little shallow and missed out on quite a bit of additional features that content producers and anyone who wants a great phone should consider - my 2 cents.

blueprintsrecords

Prominent
Nov 9, 2017
Basically good review though as a V30 owner I’m not sure I understand the complaints about the battery. I give this thing a workout and compared to my iPhone X the battery on the LG is a beast. I get great battery life. Everything else is as good as I’ve ever seen on a smartphone. I have to have an iPhone for work email and I am very impressed with the X but if I had to choose I’d go with the V30 (and the LG watch sport I paired w it).

I’m using AirPods with the Google Assistant app and it works well. Much better than Siri. Connectivity on the V30 is much faster and the ace in the hole Quad DAC sounds amazing. It looks good, is lightweight but very solid and feels good in my hands. Perfect screen size, bigger than the iPhone makes reading and watching video much better. I love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.