LG V40 ThinQ Review: Three Cameras Aren't Better Than One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 4, 2018
I think it is among the top smartphones especially when it comes to it 3 high quality cameras and camera features like cinemagraphy etc. I can clearly see the difference in quality in pictures taken from Samsung S9 vs LG v40. The LG won that comparison battle for sure as per my opinion.

Oct 4, 2018
beg your pardon, but i think you have a problem with lg company. lg v40 isnt the same that you said.

Nov 3, 2018
This article is wrong on so many levels. These tech sites cannot get away with it any more - people know when an article is biased, and this one is right up there at the top.

Three lenses not better than one? Are you seriously writing that? Three lenses that all do different things are not better than a single one?

Battery life is pretty much exactly the same as my V30 was, and that was great- couldn't be happier! I can't bothered to carry on typing, I only wanted to quickly register so I could say that this article is an embarrassment.

BefuddledDIY

Honorable
Sep 9, 2012
Shame LG removed the removable battery. For a desktop in your pocket or on-the-go journalism, an instant-on reserve battery is a must.

BAFLGV60

Commendable
Apr 6, 2021
Yup, writing this on a. Brand new LG V40 with an otterbox case i got for $200. One of the main features wasn't even mentioned. The 2Vrms 3.5mm headphone jack. Along with a 32bit ESS SABRE qDAC to clean the audio up. This phone can push a pair of $800 600Ω HD800's. Another big miss was the options for the screen. It has sharpness adjustments and expert color mode that brings out the best in LG's OLEDs. I can keep going but its useless to a bias review. I was a long NOTE user but once LG's came around i started using them. One main reason was the audio but also it has a MLT-STD 810G transit drop rating. So they can take a hit. Even without a case. I scooped up a couple LG V60's with the dual screens for $300 a piece. Another great deal. Just because LG mobile is dead doesn't mean there phones are too. The XDA dev community has great support for LG's phones. I got Android 12 running beautifully on the V40 QA7 (unlocked) with the help of ROOT. Yes we still ROOT phones to bring new life into them. The V40 has more feature than the note. Including 4K60 recording with 3 op amp and wind resistant mics. It records 24bit audio (Hi-Fi) as well. The V-series is unmatched in my eyes. Samsung just made more commercials and pushed quicker updates which basically ended LG mobile. But LG continued to lose 5Billion in the last 5 years making phones, great phones. That's what i call fan service. Yeah, i have a NOTE 20 Ultra but in -15°c weather it would bootloop.....lmao. I pulled out the V40 swapped sims and the phone worked fine. That's part of the 810G rating. Itso not only for drops but also for low and high temperatures. Just another nail in the coffin of followers. LG mobile tried different things but just stepped up too late. Creating a dedicated software center for updates right before ending LG mobile was just hurtful. Maybe they should've started the software center when they started with the Optimus line. They would probably still be here. They will be missed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.